Women of Temple Sinai (WoTS)
Not Your Bubbe's Sisterhood…
WoTS is a 21st century sisterhood that nurtures connections among the diverse woman of Temple Sinai; embraces contemporary Jewish values through service, education, spirituality and social events; enhances the Temple Sinai community; and strengthens the voice of Jewish women worldwide through Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ).
To get involved and learn more about WoTS, contact President Laura Fehl.
To learn more about the local Women of Reform Judaism, visit the Atlantic District's website.
Focus on Education & Service.
– Social, spiritual, educational, and service programs. Click for Youth Scholarship Information.
– Establish bonds among individual women; foster an ever-widening network of relationships.
Support Temple members in need.
Augment & Complement All Temple Activities.
– Support relevant programs and offering related programs that focus on women’s particular perspective.
- Cooking Class: Join us every month and learn from a local chef their favorite recipes. Leading up to holidays, WoTS Cooking Classes are the perfect way to learn new recipes to enliven the senses. Can't wait for the class? Pick up a copy of our cookbook, From Our Kitchen to Yours, available by emailing [email protected].
- Rosh Chodesh: We meet monthly in members' homes to say blessings, study, and socialize. We are currently reading short stories by Jewish women authors such as Aimée Bender, Deborah Eisenberg, and Rebecca Goldstein. Click to learn about this monthly event.
- Provided Purim baskets to families in need.
- Support Shiva coordination & Caring Connection
- Co-Sponsored the JDAIM Movie Night & Art Exhibit
- Co-Sponsored the first Pride Seder
- Attended "Behind the Veil" Women in Islam event.
Support Religious School
- WoTS Scholarship Program: Over the past 16 years, WoTS has awarded more than 75 scholarships with amounts up to $750, for programs ranging from summer camp and trips to Israel to leadership training and immersive study programs. Three new scholarships were awarded in 2017-2018. Click to learn more about the program and how to apply.
- Distracted Driving Panel with Teen School
- $500 Grant to PARTY
- Donated grant to NFTY initiative for gun violence prevention